S&P 500 lost 0.5% on Monday, pulling back from a three-week winning streak.
The benchmark index never traded in positive territory but it did cut its
intraday losses in half. The Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.4%) also finished
off its low. The Nasdaq Composite
(-0.9%) and the Russell 2000 (-1.0%) did, too, yet they did not fare as well
The following companies were scheduled to report earnings this afternoon: None today.
Futures are lower after hours: S&P 500 futures are -1.38 vs. fair value of 2,583 and Nasdaq-100 futures are -4.12 vs. fair value of 6,551.
Tomorrow morning, economic reports scheduled to be released include: PPI (08:30am ET, Consensus -0.1% vs. 0.1% in the prior month), Core PPI (08:30am ET, Consensus 0.2% vs. 0.3% in the prior month), Empire State Manufacturing Survey (08:30am ET, Consensus 12.2 vs. 10.9 in the prior month).
The following companies are scheduled to report earnings tomorrow morning: INFO, DAL, FRC, JPM, WFC, UNH, SNV.
In corporate news:
- Dave & Busters (PLAY) is trading higher after the company issues its fiscal year 2018 revenue forecast of $1.259-$1.263 billion, up from prior outlook of $1.243-$1.255 billion, and slightly ahead of expectations
- The company also increases fiscal year 2018 net income guidance, sees net income of $112-$114 million, up from prior outlook of $106-$113 million guidance
- EBITDA for fiscal year 2018 is expected to range from $276-$278 million compared to prior guidance of $268-$277 million
- Expects fourth quarter comparable same store sales growth of 1.8-2.5%
- Also, the company lowered its fiscal year 2018 comparable store sales to decrease 1.9% to 1.7% versus prior guidance of a low single-digits decrease