The S&P 500 notched its fourth straight advance on
Tuesday, adding 0.2%, and touched a new intraday record (2873.23) before
pulling back in the afternoon, eventually settling 0.4% below its January 26
record close (2872.87). The benchmark index kept within a pretty narrow range,
hovering between +0.2% and +0.6%.
Today after the close the following companies were scheduled to report earnings: JKHY, MYGN, SE, PSTG, GSM, RRGB, URBN, KEYS, LZB.
Futures are lower after hours: S&P 500 futures are -9.00 from its fair value of 2,864 and Nasdaq100 futures are -19.00 from fair value of 7,406.
Tomorrow morning, economic reports scheduled to be released include: MBA Mortgage Applications Index (7:00am ET, Consensus NA).
Tomorrow before the open the following companies are scheduled to report earnings: PLAB, LOW, TGT, RY, MOMO, ADI, FRO, SFL, BITA, BNED, UXIN.
Looking over at the energy space:
- The weekly API petroleum data for the week ended Aug 17 was released after the market close today:
- Crude oil inventories had a draw of 5.17 million barrels
- Gasoline Inventories had a draw of -0.93 million barrels
- Distillate Inventories had a build of +1.8 million barrels
- Cushing build of +0.195 million