Thursday's stock market featured another tale of two
sessions. The bulk of the trading day was marred by an inclination to sell into
strength, which fed into worries that this market had more downside to come.
The last part of the trading day, however, featured a huge rally from session
lows that eviscerated the downbeat sentiment seen in the first part of the day.
The following companies were scheduled to report earnings this afternoon: None.
Futures are mixed after hours: S&P 500 futures are -1.62 vs. fair value of 2,491 and Nasdaq-100 futures are +4.62 vs. fair value of 6,305.
Tomorrow morning, economic reports scheduled to be released include: None.
The following companies are scheduled to report earnings tomorrow morning: None.
API petroleum data for the week ended Dec 21:
- Crude Inventories had a build of 6.90 million barrels
- Prior week had a build of 3.452 million barrels
- Gasoline Inventories had a build of 3.70 million barrels
- Prior week had a build of 1.767 million barrels
- Distillate Inventories had a draw of -0.598 million barrels
- Prior week had a draw of -3.442 million barrels
- Cushing had a build of 1.8 million barrels
- Prior week had build of 1.063 million barrels