S&P 500 gained 1.6% in Tuesday's session, in which it traded mostly in
positive territory with all 11 S&P sectors closing higher. The notable gain
reduces the benchmark index's month-to-date loss to 7.9% and puts it back into
the green for the year (+0.3%).
Companies scheduled to report earnings this afternoon: SSW, EBAY, OI, BHE, RNR, BEAT, CW, FB, AMGN, BJRI, EA, EIX, MXIM, NCR, OSPN, SKYW, DENN, MX, NTRI, RXN, SF, SPWR, ACGL, APAM, APC, BAND, BIDU, BXP, CAI, CAKE, CHRW, CRAY, EVTC, EXR, GNW, H, HCLP, HURN, HVT, HY, MDR, MGRC, MOBL, MRCY, NANO, NBR, NUVA, OKE, PAYC, QLYS, NXGN, QUAD, RBBN, REXR, RPAI, SIMO, TCS, TX, ULTI, VRSK, WES, WGP, WIRE, WLL, WNC, ZEN, AEGN, AFG, CLVS, CONE, CXO, EXAS, FEYE, HABT, HLF, INN, IRTC, LNTH, MOD, ORBC, PDM, PSA, RRD, TMUS, VOYA, YUMC, BGS, FLT, MGM, XLRN, NGHC, DDD, MXL, QNST, SFLY, AINV, TENB, SYX.
Futures are mixed after hours: S&P 500 futures are +7.50 vs. 2,682 fair value and Nasdaq 100 futures are -6.88 vs. 6,817 fair value.
Tomorrow morning, economic reports scheduled to be released include:
- 7:00am ET: MBA Mortgage Applications Index (Consensus NA vs. 4.9% in the prior week)
- 8:15am ET: ADP Employment Change (Consensus 180K vs. 230K in Sept)
- 8:30am ET: Employment Cost Index (Consensus 0.7% vs. 0.6% in Q2)
Tomorrow before the open the following companies are scheduled to report
earnings: ANTM, IART, SC, TEL, CVE, HES, AUO, BAX, GNC, RDN, SNY, APTV, BG,
CAMT, EPD, IGT, LFUS, LIVN, MAXR, SITE, STNG, UTHR, WD, WEC, ACOR, ADP, ARCC,
BCOR, BDC, CG, CIM, CLH, CRTO, DBD, DIN, EGL, ETR, GRMN, KFRC, NTLA, ORBK, RDC,
S, SAIA, SPR, THR, TMHC, APO, BLUE, CBZ, CDW, CLX, HCP, HFC, HSC, ICE, ICPT,
NEWM, PBF, PBFX, SPAR, WEX, YUM, AEE, OMI, AIT, EL.
Looking at the energy space, oil prices moved higher following the weekly API oil storge data, despite a huge build in Cushing, OK oil storage.
API petroleum data for the week ended October 26:
- Crude Inventories had a build of +5.690 mln barrels
- Prior week had a build of +9.883 mln barrels
- Gasoline Inventories had a draw of -3.50 mln barrels
- Prior week had a draw of -2.80 mln barrels
- Distillate Inventories had a draw of -3.1 mln barrels
- Prior week had a draw of -2.4 mln barrels
- Cushing had a build of +14.4 mln barrels
- Prior week had build of +0.971 mln barrel
- Dec WTI crude oil is now -$0.70 at $66.34/barrel