The S&P 500 gained 0.5% on Tuesday, although it ran into some resistance at
its 200-day moving average (2741.76) during the session. The Dow Jones
Industrial Average gained 0.7%, the Nasdaq Composite gained 0.7%, and the
Russell 2000 gained 0.2%.
The following companies were scheduled to report earnings this afternoon: HCSG, CB, HIW, MANH, USNA, SAVE, TMK, UNM, VRTX, ARLO, BOOT, CERN, DLR, SNAP, APTI, VNOM, APC, EA, GNW, HCLP, MXL, NANO, OI, PAYC, PDM, SFLY, TCS, TENB, VOYA, ZEN, ALL, MDU, SU, VIAV, BE, NBIX, ASH, DATA, JKHY, MODN, MYGN, PAA, PAGP, PLT, SCSC, ATO, MCHP, DIS, DOX, SWKS, APU, UGI, MTSI, VREX, BRKS, POWL.
Futures are lower after hours: S&P 500 futures are -4.12 vs. fair value of 2,736 and Nasdaq-100 futures are -11.50 vs. fair value of 7,025.
Tomorrow morning, economic reports scheduled to be released include: MBA Mortgage Applications Index (07:00am, Consensus NA vs. -3.0% in the prior week), Trade Balance (08:30am, Consensus -$54.0 bln vs. -$55.5 bln in the prior month), Productivity-Prel (08:30am, Consensus 1.7% vs. 2.3% in the prior quarter), Unit Labor Costs -- Prelim (08:30am, Consensus 1.7% vs. 0.9% in the prior quarter).
The following companies are scheduled to report earnings tomorrow morning: ABG, BCO, BSX, FSV, TRVG, TZOO, CTSH, FDC, GWR, BTU, CMI, WD, CAMT, CG, ICL, KFRC, NYT, SPOT, ELAN, LLY, MBUU, RDWR, REGN, SUM, ASC, CSTE, FOXA, HUM, CPRI, MDP, PFGC, TTWO, SR, JEC, NJR, ATKR.
Moving over to the energy space, the American Petroleum Institute (API) released its weekly storage data.
API petroleum data for the week ended Feb 1:
- Crude Inventories had a build of 2.514 mln
- Prior week had a build of 2.098 million barrels
- Gasoline Inventories had a build of 1.731 million barrels
- Prior week had a build of 2.150 million barrels
- Distillate Inventories had a build of 0.141 million barrels
- Prior week had a build of 0.211 million barrels
- Cushing had a build of 0.889 million barrels
- Prior week had draw of -0.682 million barrels