Last Update: 26-Mar-19 08:57 ET
- Housing Starts decreased 8.7% m/m in February to a
seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1.162 million units (Briefing.com consensus
1.210 million) from an upwardly revised 1.273 million (from 1.230 million) in
- Building permits decreased 1.6% m/m to 1.296 million (Briefing.com consensus
1.308 million) from a downwardly revised 1.317 million (from 1.345 million) in
- Single-family starts decreased 17.0%
m/m to 805,000.
- Single-family permits, which have leading
indicator status, were unchanged m/m at 821,000.
- Single-family starts in February by region were
as follows: Northeast (-42.0%); Midwest (-8.3%); South (-12.1%); and the West
- Single-family permits in February by region were
as follows: Northeast (+16.4%); Midwest (-7.9%); South (+0.7%); and the West
- The key takeaway from the report is that the yr/yr rate of
decline accelerated, with starts now down 9.9% yr/yr while permits are down