Given its dominant market position, its affiliation with China's largest internet company, its strong growth rates, and the selection of tier one underwriters backing its deal, its IPO is likely to generate plenty of interest. However, with the markets experiencing extreme volatility, and with investors steering clear of Chinese IPOs for the most part, timing certainly will not be working in the company's favor.
How its IPO performs will also likely guide action for the remainder of 2018. Should it see solid interest, other companies looking to go public might be encouraged to come off the sidelines. On the other hand, if a prominent IPO like this one prices poorly, smaller and more unproven companies looking to launch IPOs would likely be discouraged and wait for more favorable conditions.
Monday, December 10:
- No IPOs expected.
Tuesday, December 11:
- Mercantil Bank Holding (AMTB): Originally expected to go public last week, the bank holding company headquartered in Coral Gables, FL is expected to price its 11.0 mln share IPO within a range of $16.50-$18.50.
Wednesday, December 12:
- Tencent Music Entertainment (TME): As alluded to above, the largest online music platform in China is being spun-off from Tencent (TCEHY) and is expected to price its 82.0 mln ADS IPO within a range of $13-$15.
Thursday, December 13:
- CF Finance Acquisition (CFFAU): This blank check company focused on acquisitions and mergers in the financial services and real estate services industries is expected to price its 25.0 mln share IPO at $10.
Friday, December 14:
- Chardan Healthcare Acquisition (CHACU): The blank check company focused on acquisitions and mergers in the biotech, medical tech, and digital health industries is expected to price its 7.0 mln share IPO at $10.
- Legacy Housing (LEGH): The builder of manufactured, mobile homes is expected to price its 3.5 mln share IPO within a range of $10.75-$12.75.