Last Update: 11-Dec-17 10:12 ET
Commodities begin the week slightly higher, WTI oil prices slightly higher as well
- Commodities are trading modestly higher this morning
- Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity
Index, are currently +0.1% at 84.1137
- Meanwhile, the dollar index is currently -0.2% at 93.70, helping give commodities an overall boost
- Looking at energy...
- Jan WTI crude oil futures are trading modestly higher this morning despite another move higher in the weekly U.S. oil rig count on Friday
- Jan WTI crude oil is now +$0.20 at $57.56/barrel
- In other energy, Jan natural gas is +$0.05 at $2.82/MMBtu
- Moving on to metals...
- Dec gold is currently +$0.60 at $1249.00/oz, while Sept
silver is -$0.04 at $15.79/oz
- Dec copper is now +$0.01 at $2.99/lb
- In the ag space...
- We should see ag commodities display more volatility heading into tomorrow's monthly World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE) report
- Currently, Mar corn is trading $0.025 lower at $3.50/bushel and Jan wheat is $0.06 lower at $4.13/bushel
- Looking at the oilseeds, Jan soybeans are $0.02 lower at $9.87/bushel
Commodities are trading modestly higher this morningOverall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity
Index, are currently +0.1% at