Last Update: 16-Aug-18 09:38 ET
- The Philadelphia Fed Index dropped to 11.9 in August (Briefing.com consensus 23.0) from 25.7 in July. That is the lowest reading in 21 months. The dividing line between expansion and contraction is 0.0.
- The New Orders Index fell to 9.9 from 31.4.
- The Shipments Index decreased to 16.6 from 24.7.
- The Prices Paid Index slipped to 55.0 from 62.9.
- The Number of Employees Index dipped to 14.3 from 16.8.
- The diffusion index for future general activity increased to 38.8 from 29.0.
- The key takeaway from the report is that there was an uptick in the diffusion index for future general activity following four straight declines, as more than half 50% of firms expect increases in activity over the next six months.