Last Update: 09-Nov-18 10:30 ET
Univ. of Michigan Consumer Sentiment - Prelim
- The preliminary University of Michigan Index of Consumer Sentiment for November held quite steady, edging down to 98.3 (Briefing.com consensus 98.0) from the final reading of 98.6 for October.
- The Current Economic Conditions Index edged up to 113.2 from 113.1.
- The Index of Consumer Expectations slipped to 88.7 from 89.3.
- The providers of the report indicated the Sentiment Index remained higher thus far in 2018 than in any prior year since 2000.
- The key takeaway from the report is that stock market sell-off in October had no real impact on consumer sentiment, which was rooted more in favorable views about income expectations and job growth that are key drivers of consumer spending.