Last Update: 15-Mar-19 10:17 ET
Univ. of Michigan Consumer Sentiment - Prelim
- The preliminary March reading for the University of Michigan Index of Consumer Sentiment checked in at 97.8 (Briefing.com consensus 94.9), up from the final reading of 93.8 for February.
- The Current Economic Conditions Index increased to 111.2 from 108.5.
- The Index of Consumer Expectations jumped to 89.2 from 84.4.
- The one-year inflation rate expectation dipped to 2.4% from 2.6%.
- The key takeaway from the report is that real income expectations, which account for inflation, increased in households across lower, middle, and upper incomes. That favorable outlook is supportive for consumer spending activity.