Last Update: 13-Nov-14 14:20 ET
- The Treasury budget showed a deficit of $121.7 bln in October, up from a deficit of $90.6 bln in October 2013. The Treasury data are not seasonally adjusted, and the October data cannot be compared to the $105.8 bln surplus in September. The Briefing.com consensus expected a budget deficit of $122.0 bln.
- The reported October deficit was in-line with the CBO's forecast of a $122 bln deficit.
- Total revenues increased to $212.7 bln in October 2014 from $198.9 bln in October 2013, a gain of $13.8 bln.
- Total outlays increased by $44.9 bln to $334.4 bln in October 2014 from $289.5 bln in October 2013.
- October was the first month of fiscal year 2015. Thus, fiscal year-to-date the deficit is also $121.7 bln, up $31.1 bln from FY 2014.
- Raw data available at http://www.fms.treas.gov/mts/index.html
|Deficit (-)/Surplus Fiscal YTD
|Deficit (-)/Surplus over last 12 months