Last Update: 10-Dec-14 14:15 ET
- The Treasury budget showed a deficit of $56.8 bln in November, down from a deficit of $135.2 bln in November 2013. The Treasury data are not seasonally adjusted, and the November data cannot be compared to the $121.7 bln deficit in October. The Briefing.com Consensus expected a budget deficit of $59.0 bln.
- The November deficit was slightly smaller than the CBO's forecast of a $59.0 bln deficit.
- Total revenues increased by $9.0 bln to $191.4 bln in November 2014 from $182.5 bln in November 2013.
- Total outlays declined to $248.3 bln in November 2014 from $317.7 bln in November 2013, a drop of $69.4 bln
- .Fiscal year-to-date, the deficit is $178.5 bln, $47.3 bln less than the comparable period in FY14.
- Raw data available at http://www.fms.treas.gov/mts/index.html
|Deficit (-)/Surplus Fiscal YTD
|Deficit (-)/Surplus over last 12 months