Last Update: 11-Sep-14 14:17 ET
- The Treasury budget showed a deficit of $128.7 bln in August, down from a deficit of $147.9 bln in August 2013. The Treasury data are not seasonally adjusted, and the August data cannot be compared to the $94.5 bln deficit in July.
- The reported August deficit was in-line with the CBO's forecast of a $129 bln shortfall.
- Total revenues increased to $194.2 bln in August 2014 from $185.4 bln in August 2013, a gain of $8.8 bln.
- Total outlays fell by $10.3 bln in August 2014, from $333.3 bln in August 2013 to $323.0 bln.
- Year-to-date, the deficit is $589.2 bln, $166.2 bln less than the comparable period in FY13.
- Raw data available at http://www.fms.treas.gov/mts/index.html
|Deficit (-)/Surplus Fiscal YTD
|Deficit (-)/Surplus over last 12 months