Last Update: 13-Jul-15 14:14 ET
- The Treasury Budget showed a surplus of $51.8 bln in June, down from a surplus of $71.5 bln in June 2014. The Treasury data are not seasonally adjusted so the June surplus cannot be compared to the $82.4 bln deficit in May. The Briefing.com Consensus expected the budget surplus to decline to $51.0 bln.
- Total receipts increased to $342.9 bln in June 2014 from $323.6 bln in June 2014, a difference of $19.3 bln.
- Total outlays increased by $38.0 bln to $291.2 bln from $253.1 bln in June 2014.
- Fiscal year-to-date, the deficit is $313.4 bln versus $365.9 bln for the comparable period in FY 2014.
- Raw data available at: www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsreports/rpt/mthTreasStmt/current.htm
|Deficit (-)/Surplus Fiscal YTD
|Deficit (-)/Surplus over last 12 months