Last Update: 14-Apr-15 07:55 ET
- The Treasury Budget showed a deficit of $52.9 billion in March 2015, up from a deficit of $36.9 billion in March 2014 and wider than the Briefing.com consensus estimate that called for a deficit of $44.0 billion. The Treasury data are not seasonally adjusted, so the March deficit cannot be compared to the $192.4 billion deficit recorded in February.
Total outlays were $287.1 billion while total receipts were $234.2 billion.
- Outlays increased by $34.4 billion from March 2014.
- Receipts increased by $18.4 billion from March 2014.
- Fiscal year-to-date, the deficit is is $439.5 billion versus $413.3 billion for the comparable period in FY14.
- Raw data available at: www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsreports/rpt/mthTreasStmt/current.htm
|Deficit (-)/Surplus Fiscal YTD
|Deficit (-)/Surplus over last 12 months