Last Update: 21-May-15 17:41 ET
- The Treasury Budget showed a surplus of $157.0 billion in April 2015, up from a surplus of $106.9 billion in April 2014 and roughly in-line with the Briefing.com consensus estimate that called for a surplus of $155.0 billion.
- Total outlays were $315.0 billion while total receipts were $472.0 billion.
- Outlays increased by $7.7 billion from April 2014.
- Receipts increased by $57.6 billion from April 2014.
- Fiscal year-to-date, the deficit is is $282.8 billion versus $306.4 billion for the comparable period in FY14.
- The Treasury data are not seasonally adjusted, so the April surplus cannot be compared to the $52.9 billion deficit recorded in March.
- Raw data available at: www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsreports/rpt/mthTreasStmt/current.htm
|Deficit (-)/Surplus Fiscal YTD
|Deficit (-)/Surplus over last 12 months