Last Update: 12-Mar-15 14:21 ET
- The Treasury budget showed a deficit of $192.3 bln in February 2015, down from a deficit of $193.5 bln in February 2014. The Treasury data are not seasonally adjusted, and the February deficit cannot be compared to the $17.5 bln deficit recorded in January. The Briefing.com Consensus expected a budget deficit of $192 bln.
- The February deficit nearly matched the CBO's forecast of a deficit of $192.0 bln.
- Total outlays decreased to $331.7 bln in February 2015 from $337.9 bln in February 2014, a difference of $3.2 bln.
- Total revenues declined by $5.0 bln, from $144.3 bln in February 2014 to $139.4 bln in February 2015.
- Fiscal year-to-date, the deficit is $386.5 bln versus $376.4 bln for the comparable period in FY14.
- Raw data available at: www.fiscal,treasury.gov/fsreports/rpt/mthTreasStmt/current.htm
|Deficit (-)/Surplus Fiscal YTD
|Deficit (-)/Surplus over last 12 months