Last Update: 11-Feb-15 14:42 ET
- The Treasury Budget showed a deficit of $17.5 bln in January versus a surplus of $1.9 bln in December. The January figure was slightly ahead of the Briefing.com consensus estimate, which called fore a deficit of $19.0 bln.
- Total revenues increased to $306.7 bln in January 2015 from $296.0 bln in January 2014.
- Total outlays increased to $324.3 bln in January 2015 from $306.2 bln in January 2014.
- Fiscal year-to-date, the deficit is $194.2 bln versus $182.8 bln for the comparable period in FY14
- The Treasury data are not seasonally adjusted, so the January deficit cannot be compared to the surplus in December.
- Raw data available at: www.fiscal,treasury.gov/fsreports/rpt/mthTreasStmt/current.htm
|Deficit (-)/Surplus Fiscal YTD
|Deficit (-)/Surplus over last 12 months