Last Update: 28-Aug-15 18:15 ET
- The Treasury Budget showed a deficit of $149.2 bln in July, up from a deficit of $94.6 bln in July 2014. The Treasury data are not seasonally adjusted, and the July deficit cannot be compared to the $50.5 bln surplus in May.
- The actual deficit was not much different than the CBO's Treasury Budget forecast of -$149.0 bln that was released a few days ago.
- Total revenues increased to $225.5 bln in July 2015 from $214.5 bln in July 2014, a gain of $11.0 bln.
- Total outlays increased by $65.7 bln to $374.7 bln in July 2014 from $309.1 bln in July 2014.
- Fiscal year-to-date, the deficit is $465.5 bln versus $460.5 bln for the comparable period in FY 2014.
- Raw data available at: www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsreports/rpt/mthTreasStmt/current.htm
|Deficit (-)/Surplus Fiscal YTD
|Deficit (-)/Surplus over last 12 months