Last Update: 02-Jul-15 16:57 ET
- The Treasury Budget showed a deficit of $82.4 bln in May, down from a deficit of $130.0 bln in May 2014. The Treasury data are not seasonally adjusted so the May deficit cannot be compared to the $157 bln surplus in April. The Briefing.com Consensus expected the budget deficit to fall to $85.0 bln.
- Total receipts increased by $12.5 bln to $212.4 bln from $199.9 bln in May 2014.
- Total outlays declined to $294.8 bln in May 2015 from $329.9 bln in May 2014, a difference of $35.1 bln.
- Fiscal year-to-date, the deficit is $365.2 bln versus $436.4 bln for the comparable period in FY14.
- Raw data available at: www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsreports/rpt/mthTreasStmt/current.htm
|Deficit (-)/Surplus Fiscal YTD
|Deficit (-)/Surplus over last 12 months