Last Update: 13-Jan-15 14:14 ET
- The Treasury budget showed a surplus of $1.9 bln in December, down from a surplus of $53.2 bln in December 2013. The Treasury data are not seasonally adjusted, and the December surplus cannot be compared to the $56.8 bln deficit recorded in November. The Briefing.com Consensus expected a budget surplus of $3.0 bln.
- The December surplus was slightly smaller than the CBO's forecast of a surplus of $3.0 bln.
- Total revenues increased to $335.3 bln in December 2014 from $285.0 bln in December 2013, a gain of $50.3 bln.
- Total outlays increased by $101.6 bln to $333.5 bln in December 2014 from $231.8 bln in December 2013.
- Fiscal year-to-date, the deficit is $176.7 bln, $4.1 bln more than the comparable period in FY14.
- Raw data available at http://www.fms.treas.gov/mts/index.html
|Deficit (-)/Surplus Fiscal YTD
|Deficit (-)/Surplus over last 12 months