Last Update: 18-Sep-15 21:33 ET
- The Treasury Budget showed a deficit of $64.4 bln in August, down from a deficit of $128.7 bln in August 2014. The Treasury data are not seasonally adjusted, and the August deficit cannot be compared to the $149.2 bln deficit in July.
- The actual deficit was slightly larger than the CBO's Treasury Budget forecast of -$62.0 bln.
- Total revenues increased by $16.6 bln to $210.8 bln in August 2015 from $194.2 in August 2014.
- Total outlays decreased to $275.3 bln in August 2015 from $322.9 bln in August 2014, a drop of $47.7 bln.
- Fiscal year-to-date, the deficit is $530.0 bln versus $589.2 bln for the comparable period in FY 2014.
- Raw data available at: www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsreports/rpt/mthTreasStmt/current.htm
|Deficit (-)/Surplus Fiscal YTD
|Deficit (-)/Surplus over last 12 months